Thursday, September 16, 2010

I ACTUALLY DID IT! (The best jogging buddy I ever had)


Today was the first day of my new life as a healthy person.

A lot of the time i'll get really down on myself around 2:30 am and decide it's time for a change.

so I'll get a notebook out and write down all my goals: weight loss, finances, romances.
I get motivated to finally make a change and i put together an elaborate plan to make it all happen

But then i pass out.

When i wake up I find that my motivation has diminished and that plan i wrote out at 2:30 in the morning sounds too hard to actually do.

But today for the first time, I actually followed through!

I didn't get fast food. I cooked at home; mashed potatoes and lasagna.

Unhealthy you say? Well hear me out. I'm a big believer that any home cooked meal is better than a trip through McDonald's. I set my portion sizes to about the size of my fist and luckily my cooking isn't so great so i wasn't able to even finish my dinner! haha!

And as for exercise...that's right! I actually did it. I went to a park with a friend and walked around for about 45 minutes. It wasn't anything strenuous but actually getting out and moving around is a brand new thing for me. When I got home I took my puppy zeus out for a run. I would walk for about 5 minutes and then jog for 2. I did that for about half an hour and got a good sweat going.

I know this light exercise isn't going to put me on the fast track to a "beach body" but that's not what this is about. I'm changing my life. I'm making a daily effort to be more healthy than i was yesterday. I truly believe if i maintain this mentality. Weight loss is going to be one of a thousand things that gets better for me.

MUCH LOVE!
JJ!

No comments:

Post a Comment